Thursday, November 13, 2014

Fave quotes from Love Only Once

I've been going back through Love Only Once, looking for quotes that I like. The problem, and I can see this for ALL the novels in this series, is that these characters are among the most witty and sarcastic that Johanna Lindsey has created and pretty much everything that comes out of their mouths is quotable.

***Potential spoilers***

The mistress comes to a realization as old as time:
Selena gasped, truly surprised.  He was not foxed, and he was not being blasé. The infuriating man really had no idea what she was talking about.

Proving that yes, he is a man, Nicholas immediately jumps to a far fetched conclusion:
"Both? Tony and James Malory?" He was utterly stunned. "Good God, you don't mean your James Malory's mistress too!"

Tony's hypocrisy when it comes to family rears its head:
"Now that you mention it...oh, Tony, I really wouldn't mind having him for a husband, really I wouldn't.  And he reminds me of you."
"He is too much like me, which is exactly why he's not the one for you!"

Regina surprises the Countess with the news that she is to be a grandmother:
"Considering your son's reputation, no one will be surprised that Nicholas could not be held off for the four long months of our engagement."
"Well, I never!"
"Haven't you?"

Regina has some not-so-welcome information for James:
Reggie moved closer to Conrad, took a long breath, and then said hesitantly, "Uncle James, your men didn't make a mistake."
"They --"
"-- didn't make a mistake," she finished.  "I am Nicholas' wife."


These are just a few of the quotes that stand out for me.  How about any of you? Any favorites that I missed?




No comments:

Post a Comment

Review for The Trouble With Twelfth Grave

Blurb courtesy of GoodReads.com: Ever since Reyes Farrow escaped from a hell dimension in which Charley Davidson accidentally trapped hi...