Sunday, November 2, 2014

Well hello, there, Nicholas Eden!!


Description found on Goodreads.com: 

The exquisite niece of Lord Edward and Lady Charlotte Malory, Regina Ashton is outraged over her abduction by the arrogant, devilishly handsome Nicholas Eden—and is determined to make the rogue pay . . . with his heart.
A golden-haired seducer, Nicholas has been hardened by a painful secret in his past. And now that he has besmirched Reggie's good name, the hot-tempered lady has vowed to wed him. Her fiery beauty stirs Nicholas as no woman ever has—and the rake arouses Reggie's passion to an unendurable level. Such uncontrolled desires can lead only to dangerous misunderstandings . . . and, perhaps, to a love that can live only once in a lifetime.



Okay, I'll say it: While I can appreciate the desire to update covers for reprints and a new audience, there is just something about the older covers that draws my attention.  I'm not saying that they are always better, but maybe having those covers is why I've never been embarrassed about what I was reading.  If I wanted to read, I was going to read, and public opinion be damned.  I know that now people feel more comfortable because they are using e-readers or covers aren't quite as suggestive, but again - it never really bothered me.

As I mentioned, I had actually read the 3rd book in the Malory series first. While I was a little clueless when it came to the hows, whys, wherefores of Nick's relationship with Reggie's uncles, it wasn't too confusing. But  I immediately started looking for the first two books so I could read more about those Malorys. 

I kind of fell behind with this series - thanks to FB and Goodreads, I have been discovering a variety of authors and my TBR list/ pile has grown to epic proportions. But I thoroughly plan to reacquaint myself with all of the Malorys before I read the new ones.

Oh, Regina and Nicholas- where to begin?  I remember thinking that I would have loved to have Reggie's (or is that Regan's) problem - too many men to choose from.  And, given how old I was when I read these, I suppose I should be forgiven for not understanding Nick's reticence towards marriage. But for all the misunderstandings, craziness (pirates, kidnappings), and familial interference, this story was just sweet enough to give this then-teenager all the sigh-worthy moments that she wanted in a romance.  While this was not my favorite of the Malory stories, it certainly was a fitting start to a fun and wonderful series.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review for The Trouble With Twelfth Grave

Blurb courtesy of GoodReads.com: Ever since Reyes Farrow escaped from a hell dimension in which Charley Davidson accidentally trapped hi...