Thursday, November 13, 2014

The Malory I Love Best!!!

Tender Rebel


Description via Goodreads.com:

Scottish heiress Roslynn Chadwick needs the safety of marriage to protect her from an unscrupulous cousin and from the army of fortune-hunting scoundrels who covet her wealth and beauty. And Anthony Malory is everything she has been warned against.

A ruthless, irresistibly handsome English rogue, Malory's sensual blue eyes speak of limitless pleasures. How she wishes she dare to love such a man... to believe the whispered murmurings of his passionate promise... and to follow the enchanting dream...


As I have mentioned before, I am a teacher. It is generally frowned upon to say out loud that we have a favorite student, but luckily there is no such decree when it comes to naming a favorite book in a series. Even after reading and re-reading the series often over the years, Tender Rebel remains the one I love over all the others.

I think that I always preferred Tony because while he was known to be a charmer and rake, he really was quite multi-faceted. For someone who might come across as frivolous, he could be ruthless and protective, especially for those he cares for. The fact that he was willing to jeopardize his relationship with Roslynn in order to help his best friend find his own HEA spoke volumes as to the hidden depths of Tony.  

And Roslynn- wow, there were times that she really annoyed me.  This perfect man wants to marry and protect you? And you keep jumping to conclusions without giving the man a chance to explain himself? And then, when you realize how silly and wrong you are, you don't apologize?  What an idiot!!And then, as I got older and was better at being introspective, I realized- damn, she's as stubborn as I am. No wonder! 








No comments:

Post a Comment

Review for The Trouble With Twelfth Grave

Blurb courtesy of GoodReads.com: Ever since Reyes Farrow escaped from a hell dimension in which Charley Davidson accidentally trapped hi...